JULY 22, 2021
- CURRENT STATUS: Currently, we are contacting active past volunteers who had already been on our past in-shelter schedule. We will require all volunteers to be vaccinated; however, we will not be asking for proof.
- NEW ONBOARDING: We will be onboarding new volunteers with a new process! That is still being developed. Please note that we will be onboarding new volunteers at the shelter as we need them. We will post information when this starts up. Look for that information to be advertised sometime in AUGUST!
- AGE: The minimum age to volunteer in the shelter is 18 years.
- YOUTH: We will be implementing kids’ activities in the future; however, that will not be this summer as we will watch the CDC guidelines with COVID19. Experts expect that a COVID-19 vaccination for children under 12 could be available in late 2021/early 2022.
- Court-ordered mandated service and community service hours for MI Works, and Housing requirements have been discontinued.
- Groups Volunteering: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate groups due to the nature of our work. For safety reasons, working with shelter pets requires specialized training and is therefore unavailable for group volunteer initiatives.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
We look forward to getting back to a “new” normal!
Thank you again!
Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator