From in-shelter support to at-home foster care, volunteers support every facet of our work. Together we are achieving our mission – helping people help animals!
We look forward to helping you find a volunteer role that matches your skills, interests, and schedule so that you can make a big difference in the lives of animals in need.
- NEW ONBOARDING: We will be onboarding new volunteers with a new process. That is still being developed as we monitor the COVID19 pandemic. Please note that we will be onboarding new volunteers at the shelter as we need them. We will post information when this starts up. All volunteers will be required to be COVID19 vaccinated.
- AGE: The minimum age to volunteer in the shelter is 18 years.
- YOUTH: We will be implementing kids’ activities in the future; however, that will not be this fall/winter as we will watch the CDC guidelines with COVID19.
- Court-ordered mandated service and community service hours for MI Works, and Housing requirements have been discontinued.
- Groups Volunteering: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate groups due to the nature of our work. For safety reasons, working with shelter pets requires specialized training and is therefore unavailable for group volunteer initiatives.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
We look forward to getting back to a “new” normal!
Thank you again!
Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator