You can make the world a better place with one simple action: Fostering a pet!
A volunteer foster pet parent assists UPAWS pets by providing in home care. The goal of the Foster Parent Volunteer is to help animals outside of the shelter environment who for example need a break from the shelter kennels, are underage, ill, injured, or under-socialized so that they may become healthy, adoptable animals or are for adoption already. With the help of our dedicated volunteers, we’re able to save lives and find loving homes for pets in need.
- Reduces the amount of time an animal spends at UPAWS.
- Allows UPAWS to have open kennels for other animals in need.
- You’ll help UPAWS get a better understanding of the animal and his needs.
- Helps a pet become more adoptable and increases the chance of a successful adoption .
- Makes a big difference for one animal in need.
- It’s fun and rewarding!
How do I get started?
1) Meet our foster requirements. 18 years of age; all resident pets spayed/neutered and vaccinated. You have health insurance.
2). Watch foster video (below)
#). Still interested? Fill out a foster application at this LINK
FOSTER ORIENTATION VIDEO! Please increase to full screen (bottom right-hand corner). Estimated length of time is 13 minutes.