- Call UPAWS at 475-6661 and file a “found pet” report with us. If we are closed, please leave a detailed message on our answering machine.
- Call the law enforcement agency where the pet was found. A list appears below.
- Advertise in The Action Shopper News (228-8920) and The Mining Journal (228-2500 and ask for the Classified Ads Dept.). Found pet ads are free.
- Place posters near the area where you found the pet. Give a short description of the pet, a photo, the date and location it was found, and your contact information.
- Visit the neighbors. In most cases the found pet has not wandered too far. Knock on the doors of your neighbors or in the neighborhood where the pet was found to see if anyone recognizes the pet.
- Contact ‘Lost & Found Paws of the U.P.’ and UPAWS on Facebook. These social media sites are a great way to spread the word about a found pet.
- Visit UPAWS or a local veterinarian to scan the pet for a microchip.
- Please let us know what happens to the pet so that we can keep our records up to date. If you found the owner, took the pet to an impound facility, or even kept the pet yourself, it helps us to know the resolution.
- Chocolay Township 249-4040
- Forsyth Township 346-9224
- Ishpeming City 486-4416
- Ishpeming Township 485-1888
- Marquette City 228-0400
- Negaunee City 475-4154
- Mqt. Co. Sheriff Dept. 225-8435
- Michigan State Police 475-9922
- Mqt. Co. Road Commission 486-4491
- Animal Medical Center 226-7400
- Bayshore Vet Hospital 249-5667
- Gwinn-Saywer Vet Clinic 346-3528
- Marquette Vet Clinic 249-1456
- Negaunee Vet Clinic 475-7851
- Northern Vet Associates 485-6145
Marquette County Impound Facilities:
- UPAWS – 475-6661 Serving all of Marquette County – Located at 84 Snowfield Road, Negaunee, MI
- Ishpeming Township Pound – 485-5415 Serving Ishpeming Township and City – Located off Copper St, Ishpeming Township
- Northern Veterinary Associates – 485-6145 Serving Negaunee City – Located at Palms Ave & US-41 Ishpeming