Donations of supplies help keep the shelter running and lower overhead costs. In-kind donations are tax-deductible and can be dropped off at the shelter from 12-4pm daily or purchased through our Amazon Wish List.
UPAWS appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of the community that supports us!
UPAWS NEEDED SUPPLIES
Dog and Cat Food Items must be new and unopened, or in original taped bag with ingredients listed please.
Non-Pet Items must be new or gently used, please.
DOGS & PUPPIES
- Stuffing-less dog toys
- Training treats
- Soft & chewy dog treats
- Easy Cheese
- Canned Pumpkin
- USA made chews (non-rawhide)
- Smart Bones brand sticks
- Peanut Butter (xylitol free)
- Pet Stages Cuddle Pal (for orphans)
- Portable Foldable Pet Play Pen Kennel—soft sided large
- Clean new or gently used towels, sheets and blankets
CATS & KITTENS
- Corrugated cardboard cat scratchers
- Cat litter – clay and scoopable
- Feliway Calming spray
- Calming collars for cat anxiety relief
- Cat toys
- Small cat beds
- Canned food pate type
- Purina ONE kitten food dry and wet
- L-Lysine Supplement, Lysine Powder for Cats & Kittens
- Vita-drops for rabbits & guinea pigs
- All-Natural Timothy hay
FACILITY & STAFF
- Paper toweling
- Dawn dish soap
- Dish washer pods
- Trash bags 39 gallon
- Copy paper
WE DO NOT NEED OR ACCEPT:
- Open bags of food or treats
- Pet food that is not in original package or doesn’t have ingredients listed
- Expired food items of any kind
- Used litter boxes, used/very worn pet toys
- Powdered gloves, needles, personal surgical supplies
- Homemade treats
- Rugs of all sizes
- Human clothing
- Children’s toys, including stuffed animals
- Pillows or cushions of any size and type
- Large Plastic dog crates
- Large dog beds that will not fit in standard washing machines
- Choke collars or shock collars
- Flexi-lead retractable leashes
- Yard stakes and tie-outs
Note: Due to privacy restrictions, Amazon.com does not provide customer information. If you purchase items from our Amazon Wishlist, please forward your receipt to email@example.com so we may properly thank you for your gift!
Other Drop-off Locations besides UPAWS Facility
The following business are willing to accept wish list donations on behalf of UPAWS! We are very thankful for the help these businesses provide. Please thank them when you stop in!
Mares-Z-Doats Pet Supply Store– 1400 Division Street, Marquette
West Wood Mall: UPAWS Kiosk
TacoMo Dog Training – 2296 U.S. 41 West, Harvey
ThriftISH – 120 S. Main Street, Ishpeming.