- Click this link to view the Lost and Found pets currently being housed at UPAWS. If your pet is posted on this page, contact UPAWS at 906-475-6661. If you don’t see your pet listed please still visit UPAWS and look for your pet in person.
- Call all of the impound facilities and police departments listed below.
- Advertise in The Action Shopper News (228-8920), The Mining Journal (228-2500 – Classified Ads Dept.), and on WJPD’s Telephone Time. Also, watch the found ads and respond to any ad that could possibly be your pet (sometimes people describe pets differently).
- Visit UPAWS and any other possible impound facilities in person as often as possible. Don’t give up, many pets are kept by the people who found them for a while before they come to the shelters. Be sure to tell a staff member the purpose for your visit so that any animals not in public view, or at the vet clinic, can be described to you. Fill out a lost report at UPAWS if you haven’t already done so.
- Look around the neighborhood where your pet went missing. Ask people if they have seen your pet and let them know it is missing. Drive around the neighborhood at night; sometimes lost animals hide during the day. If your pet is a cat, use a flashlight at night and look in hiding places near your home. Most cats do not wander far and find a nearby hiding place.
- Post notices in shopping centers, in your neighborhood, on telephone poles, in vet offices, in pet stores, and in grooming parlors. Using a picture of your pet will attract attention. Let your mailman and paper carrier know that your pet is missing, they may see it while on their routes.
- Contact ‘Lost & Found Paws of the U.P’ and UPAWS on Facebook. These social media sites are great ways to advertise your missing pet.
- Chocolay Township 249-4040
- Forsyth Township 346-9224
- Ishpeming City 486-4416
- Ishpeming Township 485-1888
- Marquette City 228-0400
- Negaunee City 475-4154
- Mqt. Co. Sheriff Dept. 225-8435
- Michigan State Police 475-9922
- Mqt. Co. Road Commission 486-4491
- Animal Medical Center 226-7400
- Bayshore Vet Hospital 249-5667
- Gwinn-Saywer Vet Clinic 346-3528
- Marquette Vet Clinic 249-1456
- Negaunee Vet Clinic 475-7851
- Northern Vet Associates 485-6145
Marquette County Impound Facilities:
- UPAWS – 475-6661 Serving all of Marquette County except the City of Ishpeming and Ishpeming Township – Located at 815 S. State Hwy M553, Gwinn, MI 49841
- Ishpeming Township Pound – 485-5415 Serving Ishpeming Township and City – Located off Copper St, Ishpeming Township
Thanks to PetBridge, you can get the word out about a lost or found pet in record time, for FREE. The Lost & Found poster generator allows you to create, print and share on social media, a PDF of a missing or found pet quickly — when time is of the essence!
CLICK HERE TO GENERATE A LOST & FOUND POSTER.