Why should I Fix my Pet? Make a difference in your community and make your pet healthier! The decision to spay or neuter your pet is an important one for both pets and owners, but it can be the single best decision you make for their long-term welfare.
Getting your pet spayed or neutered can:
- Reduce the number of homeless pets in your community
- Improve your pet’s health
- Reduce unruly or unwanted behavior (such as marking or spraying, vocalization, running away and more!)
- Save on the cost of pet care
- Reduces risk of mammary cancer in females
If you are a low income home and have a pet that needs to be fixed, please contact UPAWS at 906-475-6661 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to apply for the discounted spay and neuter program.