Seniors for Seniors Program
Our “Seniors for Seniors” adoption program is all about senior adopters rediscovering the joys of having a cat or dog in their lives. The program places senior cats and dogs (age 8 years on up) with senior citizens who are 62 years of age or older.
UPAWS will waive the adoption fee to encourage such placements of senior animals in loving homes.
Benefits of adopting
- Research tells us that companion animals, such as cats and dogs, can help improve our physical and mental health. By adopting and spending time with an animal friend, you can experience the benefits of lowered stress levels and blood pressure.
- Cats and dogs provide friendship for lonely individuals, and open opportunities for interacting with others which an older person may miss if family is far away.
- The company of a beloved pet has been proven to reduce depression.
- The quiet and doting home of a senior citizen is the perfect match for an older animal looking for a new home.
- Senior animals are often gentler, calmer companionship, and often are already trained.
For more information about our “Seniors for Seniors” adoption program call 906-475-6661 or email email@example.com