Guidelines to Surrendering a Pet
- Bring any medical records
- Bring your photo ID
- Bring any of your pet’s favorite toys, treats and food
- Expect to spend about 20 minutes creating a Pet Surrender Profile to help potential adopters get to know your pet.
- Please consider getting your pet updated on Distemper, Rabies and Bordatella (for dogs) before his arrive to UPAWS. This will save UPAWS funds and will protect your pet from illness during his stay at UPAWS. Contact your veterinarian.
- Is your pet fixed? If not, please let us know. It would be best if your pet could be fixed before arriving to UPAWS. This allows for faster adoption and saves UPAWS resources.
- Please consider making a financial donation to UPAWS at the time of surrendering your pet. UPAWS does not require a donation, but it would be greatly appreciated. Any amount you can donate will make a difference and help provide for the care of your pet.