Position Description (include how to apply):
The Executive Director for the Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter (UPAWS) works closely with, and reports to, the Board of Directors. Under the direction of the UPAWS Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the comprehensive and integrated management of all UPAWS services and programs. The Executive Director must have an understanding of the No-Kill movement as it is defined nationally.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Leadership and Management: Lead and motivate the staff and volunteers in the implementation of the strategic plan and overall mission of UPAWS.
- Community Relationships: Build and maintain relationships with donors, volunteers, business sponsors, foundations, community groups, rescue organizations, local government officials and media sponsors.
- Communication: Ensure transparent and positive communication related to external relationships, social media, web presence, Board of Directors, committees and staff.
- Financial Management: Ensure effective management of the annual operating budget and be accountable for budget expenditures.
- Fund Development: In coordination with the Board of Directors, develop and implement short and long term fundraising strategies and plans to support the organization’s needs.
- Advocacy: Serve as the spokesperson for UPAWS, educating the public and advocating for the mission of UPAWS.
- Strategy: Work closely with the Board of Directors to develop a shared vision for the future of the organization, and help develop goals and strategies to advance the mission of UPAWS.
- Administration: Provide administration and guidance for all organizational programs and staff responsible for them including animal advocacy and human resources.
Full job description: UPAWS ED Position Description
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Fiscal Management: 1 year (Required)
Nonprofit Management: 2 years (Required)
Public Relations: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
Benefits: Paid time off – Flexible schedule
Send your cover letter and resume as well as three to four references to email@example.com. Deadline is October 23, 2019