June 3, 2020:
The Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter remains dedicated to providing care to animals in need – including adoption services, lost and found, and a community safety net. At this time, our facility is maintaining normal business hours for the following:,
• Visitors: No visitors at this time.
• Adoptions: By appointment only: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 906-475-6661
• Owners surrenders by appointment only: If you need to give up your pet, please call us at 906-475-6661 to schedule an appointment!
• Lost & Found services
If you have a scheduled appointment at the shelter, we ask all visitors use hand sanitizer and wash their hands frequently. Please bring and wear a facemask in our facility. In addition, we ask you not visit the facility if you:
- Had direct contact with anyone who has been confirmed to have COVID-19 or visited a high risk area within the past 14 days.
- Have a higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19, including older people and people of all ages with severe underlying health conditions.
- Feel sick, especially if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing or any flu-like symptoms within the past 14 days.
We appreciate your support and cooperation. Thank you!